Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Year of Creativity

On January 1 of this year, I began my Year of Creativity.  I would do something creative every day- make a card, look through a creative book, stamp something to color etc...  I kind of lost myself for a few years in a crazy world of work,school and home. Needless to say, my work / life balance was nil. So I decided to step down from my management position, put school on hold and try to get my life back. One way I hoped to do this was to have fun with my creative side again. Hence, this year of creativity !! Even on days when I work 12+ hours, I find that sitting in my Craft Room re-energizes me. I thought I might run out of ideas, but each stamp, piece of paper, ribbon or rub-on begins a new journey for me. I have tried designs out of my comfort zone and will be learning new techniques as well.. I used Gesso for the first time last week and felt just like that child in kindergarten when confronted with a new box of Crayolas !! Bliss..... Something new....

Follow me on my  journey as I show you some of my Creative Year so far. I will start with a card for my dad.. Although he is no longer with us, I miss him every day... The Design Team of Mountain Plains Crafters also has some Father's Day Inspiration for you on our blog..

For My Dad 



January 1,2014
my first creation
Candles and Cake / Unity Stamp Company



February
Stampin' Up coffee stamps



March
Me & my mom



April
Paula Best Stamp



May



June


Hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed creating them all !! Which one is your favorite ?? Take some time today to be creative. Make a card, look at that new crafty magazine you bought,  take a moment to think about that new project you want to get started on, write in your journal..... And hug your dad today if you can... Call him if you can...Wish him a Happy Father's Day and tell him how much he means to you...Whether here or in spirit,  it's your day, Dad.......






1 comment:

  1. Good for you for doing something for yourself. You have some great cards. What an inspiration to take time each day to be creative.

    ReplyDelete